Monday 6 May 2013

Final Major Project: Shoot 2


For my next shoot I went to a sports centre in Cleckheaton.

 I photographed people from their sporting event. As they were in competition and I wanted to capture the sports in action I wasn't able to get as close as I would have wanted and I wasn't allowed to use my flash. 
The first sport I photographed was the high jump and I was allowed to take photographs while people were practising. 
I was able to take some photographs as well when they were in competition as I was trying to capture the moment of going over the bar so the whole person was in view as well as the trainers. As I didn't have my camera set to continuous shooting I missed most of the action. 
From then on the rest of my photographs were posed but I did get some while the competition was happening.




I then decided which photographs I liked best and edited them all in the same way with levels, smart sharpen, and cropping.
When I was looking through my images I decided to make a layer over my image to darken the background so it would look similar to my football image where the background was dark and the person was bright.

Football image:

LEVELS:

 Opacity layer is set at 20%

I had orginally wanted to have the opacity of the layer this dark to match my football picture.


 Levels:

Layer set at 30%

 Original opacity layer:


Levels: 

Opacity layer is at 30%
I orginally had the oapcity layer very dark:


Levels:

Layers:
This image was the most difficult to edit because of the chronic abberation around his arms and legs due to the background being so bright. Unfortunately I took all the images in JPEG so I couldn't resolve this issue in photoshop. If I had taken my photographs in RAW files then I would have been able to fix the chronic abberation as there is an option when you open the RAW image in photoshop.
I also didn't like this image because it was too far away from the trainers and it was a whole body shot, whereas my other images were up close and just a section of their body.

No comments:

Post a Comment