Thursday 25 April 2013

Final Major Project: Shoot 1


As my dad goes to football training every wednesday I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to go along and take some photographs.
I  had a set idea in my mind of how I wanted to compose my photograph and the lighting.
My idea was to have the edge of the goalpost in, so that the image portrayed a goalkeeper, and the goalkeeper posed as he was ready to get the ball.
The lighting I wanted was a dark background and just the person and trainers well lit so that they were the focus.
I wanted to keep my images in colour as I thought this would show off the trainers best.

So in lesson I decided to test out my lighting in the studio, I had a black backdrop and a flash gun that fitted on top of my camera. 
I decided to bring some trainers in so that I had an idea of how my idea would turn out, as my shoes were too small for my model I placed them in front of her feet for a side view of the trainers. 
I had a main light on the right hand side of my model and the flashgun on top of my camera as a fill light. I positioned myself further away from the subject as in my previous test shots I was too close and the light was too bright. 
Image IMGP5721 I didn't have any main lights on it and just used my flash gun.  In image IMGP5724 I had two lights on the background on either side and the main light on the subject.
When I got home I decided to test out the college's flash equipment before I took my actual photographs:


The settings I used for my practise shots and for my football shots:

 


Contact sheet:


I had tried a few poses and decided to choose one to edit it. 
When I edit my images I go through a process such as levels and unsharp mask, but when I went to edit my image I sharpened the image and cleaned it with the healing tool but because of the flash, levels didn't make a difference.




The posing isn't actually what a goalkeeper does, but I felt that having the gloves in and being in goal would communicate it was a goalkeeper instead of a striker or a defender.




No comments:

Post a Comment