Thursday 15 November 2012

Zines: Task 2 - Proposal



My proposal for a printed magazine:

As I go on holiday every year visiting my family in Italy I've never been able to take my camera but this year was the first year I was able to. I documented everything that happened there, because I only stay for 3 or 4 weeks during a year, for memories. I want to include some of the activities in my magazine as stories and give information to people about some of the traditions in Italy.
I want my magazine to be smaller than A4 so it resembles a diary. I want there to be lots of double page spreads so that my stories can fit in whether the writing is on one page and just images on the other page but I think having the page layouts to be different from each other would be interesting but a diaries have the same format to them. I would like to make mine more interesting than a normal diary and have pictures with my text. I have six main stories that I want to include so maybe having one story per page isn't enough room to fit in pictures as well.

My proposal for a video zine:

I wanted my video zine to be the same as my printed magazine about Italy but more arty with animated titles about my stories and having a voice over explaining my stories almost like a slideshow. Or like an interview between me and my mum (as she is Italian) where some photographs pop up and I ask her what it was about and she explains.  This gave me the idea to compare the olden days to what my village is like now by showing family photographs.
My family and I used to live in a small village called Vallecupa in Italy and we moved to a big city in England and its always hard and emotional for us when we have to leave which led me to doing interviews with some of my family members about their experiences of growing up in Italy and moving away from the countryside to live in a city. During my interview with my family members I would like to show pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment