Sunday 18 November 2012

One Square Mile: First Shoot


For my first shoot I decided to take pictures of someone I know instead of a stranger for practice. 
I  took pictures from the Bradford Interchange and photographed as I followed.

Here are my contact sheets:





















When I took my photographs the lighting was very bright and they had a nice warm orange tone to them. My editing has toned down the lighting a lot but some of them are not as dark as the rest. As I was photographing while walking some of my images were blurry so I smart sharpened them on Photoshop.
I took quite a lot of photographs but these are the images that I think worked best.











I think my photographs do show that I am following someone but that is because I know the subject and he knew I would be taking photographs of him. It would be very difficult to follow someone that I don't know. 


Here is how I edited my images:
As Sophie Calle has her images in black and white I wanted my images the same to look as a set. 
But when I got to editing my images I decided to turn the saturation down in stages until the saturation bar was at the maximum -100. I found that having my images fully black and white wasn't appealing for me so I set all my images to -75 of saturation. I did crop some images but others looked better without cropping. 

This image is normal and has no saturation effect to it at all.

This image has been set to -45 saturation effect. 

This image has a -75 saturation effect.  I decided to choose this effect because its closer to black and white but with a hint of colour to it which makes it look layered instead of flat which I think is what the black and white effect does.

This image has been set to full black and white -100 saturation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment