Saturday 24 November 2012

One Square Mile: Shoot 2 & 3


My second photo shoot was on the 24th of November. My location was Bradford Town on a Saturday around 1 O clock as that is when most people go to do some shopping or meet with their friends and in general Bradford town is most busy. 
I wasn't photographing someone I knew this time, I decide to follow someone from the Bradford Interchange and photograph them along their journey. 
I also decided not to be alone when photographing people in case any trouble arose such as people not liking me taking photographs of them and then telling me off. Luckily no one did.  

I decided to take my photographs in the style of all the people I researched such as Sophie Calle for following the people for ages and photographing the sucjects when they go into shops, Sally Mann for centering her subjects to add more focus but also Geneva Wrona for hiding the subject and letting people find the person.

 
Here are my final images that have all been edited in the same way - turning the saturation down to -75%.
I noticed that when I was desaturating my images that images taken inside were not the same tone as the outside so I had to desaturate them more. 

Person 1




Person 2





























Person 3





















My third photo shoot was on Wednesday the 28th of November. Again I started to take my photographs in Bradford but I decided to follow my grandma around instead of following another stranger. I also chose to photograph someone I knew to balance the amount of people I had photographed for example 2 strangers and 2 people I knew. 












































Editing process:


As these images had already been desaturated by -75 I also desaturated them some more. For the man I desaturated his images inside by -26 and for the lady I desaturated hers by -20 although on one photograph I had to do it at -33 because it still wasn't the same tone as the others. 













Here are my contact sheets from both my photo shoots.



No comments:

Post a Comment