Wednesday 17 April 2013

Final Major Project: Proposal



For my final major project I am going to be carrying on with advertising as I found the previous advertising projects to be creative and fun.  I have decided to advertise footwear, more specifically sports footwear. I want to photograph different sports and show the journey of the shoe within the sport on location and in the studio. I will be advertising a footwear shop and not just a particular brand of one specific shoe. 

My idea is to photograph the person in the studio beforehand in their normal everyday clothes and to photograph their trainers in a 360 view of photographs and turn them into an animation. I then want to split the person into two with half of the photograph in their normal clothes and the other half of the image in their sportswear gear.

I am going to combine photography and video by showing the person in action doing a sport. I want to make my images look as a set by having a flash gun so that the subjects are well lit.
For health and safety measures as I am going to be quite close to the people I am photographing, some of the sports are quite dangerous such as rock climbing: someone might fall onto me or tennis: their tennis rackets may hit me so I will have to keep my distance and zoom in with my camera.
The skills I will need to achieve and produce will be knowing camera settings for different sport speeds, the flash gun settings and how far away I need to be from the subject to not burn them out.

I am going to produce an advert with videos of the sports and still pictures within. For my exhibition I want to produce a few advertising campaigns along with some still images. 
I want my images to be of professional standard that you see in sport shops or some of the pictures taken from the olympics that were featured in newspapers.
Resources I will need are my photographic camera, a video camera, an external flash gun and Photoshop.




My schedule:

27/03 Test shoot with normal shoes in studio, testing 360 degree animation. Editing pictures taken.
28/03 Putting photographs together in a sequence to make an animation on premiere pro. Showing photographs taken on the 27 and presenting them.
29/03 - 15/04 Easter holiday
17/04 Final Major Project brief given.
17/04 Started looking for research on internet and library.
20/04 Testing out flash gun on trainers in different lighting conditions at home.
24/04 First shoot - Football, Editing pictures taken. Took video's of football
04/05 Went to visit the Spenborough club to ask permission to take photographs. Took some test photographs and test videos of mother running.
05/05 Second shoot- Athletics, Photographed and took ideos: High jump, Javelin, Running, triple jump.
06/05 Editing pictures from second shoot.
08/05 First critique. Presented pictures from the first and second shoot.
12/05 Third shoot - Rock Climbing, took videos.  Edited pictures taken. 
19/05 Fourth shoot - Rephotographed football and then took first shoot of tennis. Retook video of football and took first videos of tennis. Edited pictures taken from fourth shoot.
20/05 Fifth shoot - Retook pictures of Javelin (person) and took pictures of shoe pose for Javelin.  Photographed and video'd Hammer throw (person and shoes). Took shoe poses for hurdles, running, high jump.
21/05 Editing pictures taken from fifth shoot.
22/05 Sixth shoot - Retook photographs of high jump. Edited pictures.
24/05 - 03/05 Half term.
30/05 Shoot 7 - Photographed shoe poses for hurdles, long jump and javelin. Retook Javelin (person) and photographed childrens hurdles. Edited photographs.
01/06 Shoot 8 - Photographed (people) high jump, long jump, hurdles, running and pole vault. Video'd hurdles and pole vault. Photographed (shoe poses) high jump. Edited photographs
07/06 Decided on logo and shop name and placed it onto final photographs. Printined final photographs and finished off editing video and exported video.
10/06 Shoot 9 - Rephotographed Tennis. editied photographs.
11/06 Printed off tennis photographs and brought in shoe boxes for exhibition. Deciding on photograph layout for exhibiton
12/06 Brought trainers in for exhibition and decided on photograph layout.
13/06 EXHIBITION
14/06 finished off research on blog and blog was fully updated.


No comments:

Post a Comment