Friday 5 October 2012

Abstract Fear: Task 3

Test pieces and experiments for my final images. 















Here are some Photographers who have distorted their images in some way to make them appear scary.
Man Ray - marquise casati
I thought this technique was combining images together to give the illusion of a ghostly appearance but it is actually due to camera shake when taking the photograph. I think this photograph does appear scary because I am immediately drawn to the woman's eyes but even though I know she has two eyes my mind tells me she has four. I don't think this technique works for my project because I don't want the ghost to be seen at all.

The next photographer is Kertesz. This is more of an abstract photograph because you wouldn't expect to see a person like this. 

Scratching Negatives:
We scratched into the negatives with little pins depending on which sides you scratch the colours vary between white and black.

   Test strip with 2 second intervals from 2 - 10. For this test strip I had the contrast turned up very high but for my print as I moved to a different enlarger I forgot to turn up the contrast resulting in it being quite bright.
I really liked this technique but I'm not very good at just taking one shot and not being able to look back at it to see how it looked so I could change my settings, if I wanted to use this technique for my final images.

Editing Images taken as part of my final images and trying out techniques on them:
I wanted my images and videos to follow a certain order. For example the death of someone then help messages and objects moving by themselves as the ghost is trying to contact someone but then after a while the ghost decides to become violent e.g writing threatening messages and throwing objects around the room. 
I wanted my location settings for my photographs to be in my house in different rooms to show some variety in my photographic shots. 
I didn't want my images to be too edited because then why would have looked faked or set up so I took all my images in bleach bypass mode on my camera. These are the settings for bleach bypass. 



 These are some other effects I liked:



Editing my images taken:













As the bleach bypass setting was quite dark which is what I wanted my photographs to look like I had to make them the tiniest bit brighter in Photoshop which made the content of the photographs more visible but still giving a dark tone to them. I had the ISO for my photographs on 100 and 200 but only a few had a high ISO this was because I was using my tripod to take all of them and wanted to have the best quality without grain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment