Friday 8 February 2013

Advertising Week 1: Task 2


We were asked to come up with ideas for our cutlery advertisements and here are the ones I thought of:




For my idea I chose Idea 1 because it would be most realistic and most interesting.

Before taking our photographs we started designing our poster layout on InDesign. 
I was trying out fonts for my poster as I wanted my advertisement to say 'For elegant cutlery use (company name). I was looking into fonts that were swirly or handwritten until a teacher suggested it doesn't need to be swirly to be elegant so we looked into other fonts which could be used. 

Instead of saying elegant cutlery we thought about more slogans and we came up with 'fine dining for you'. For the font we used candara. 


I had my slogan so all I needed was my images. 

For my first shoot this was my set up. As I wanted an above shot of my set up I had to stand on the chair and place my camera directly above the plate to photograph it. I didn't take many photographs because I was pleased with the outcome of my images. As I was putting my cutlery back I placed them onto the plate and decided I wanted to put this back onto the table for another quick photograph. 

These are my final two images from my first shoot. I had some trouble editing them as the white balance was more blue compared to the other image. 
In Photoshop I changed the Levels of the image for the background and using masks I was able to erase the cutlery as it became too bright. 



Shoot 2: I decided to redo my first shoot because there was reflections of myself and the lights in the spoon.  This was my lighting set up.


My second shoot was a lot more different to my first because I had to hide the lights and myself from reflecting onto the cutlery.  As there was still a reflection I decided to lose the spoons. I also had to use blue tac to hold the cutlery up so there wasn't any bright shimmers. 



 When I went to view my pictures it felt like something was missing because the composition of my photographs looked better with the spoons in. 


I decided to copy the bow from one of the images from my first shoot and copy it into an image from my second shoot and place them where the spoons would have been. 

Using the eraser tool I rubbed out everything but the bow and centered it where the spoons were. 

I decided that the bow I used wasn't a pretty bow, so I duplicated the layer and cropped it half way so I could mirror the bow. 

I then added my final image to my poster layout but I made two posters because I liked both of the images I took. 



No comments:

Post a Comment